RSS
You'll find my blog are things I'm thinking through or praying through....most recently...the orphan- both here and abroad, adoption, and my family.

Why Me?

Why me?  
Sometimes I ask myself this question when I don’t like my circumstances…. “Why did that person run into my car?”, “Why do I not look good in plaid shirts?” “Why did my dad leave my family?” “Why have I always had foot problems?” “Why me?” 
Every once in a while a different “why me?” question comes through my head…. “Why is my marriage healthy and growing, when at times we have struggled?” “Why am I at a healthy church where I am loved and encouraged to grow in Christ?” “Why do I get to have healthy children, who are well adjusted in spite of many moves and the fact that we are imperfect parents?” “Why do my children and I not have to worry about where we sleep, our next meal?”
The answers to these “why me?” questions could be easily answered with “I do this” and “I do that” responses.  However, I have found that the answer to my “why me?” questions is actually grace. I have done nothing to deserve a healthy marriage after every day I choose to care for myself instead of point my husband to Jesus.  I have done nothing more than any other parent to train my children, love them through hard times.  And if I have does that mean that others have done less if their children are unhealthy or not adjusting well to life change. 
As Ash and I consider adopting, these questions of “why me?” are in my thoughts more often.  Why?  The children we hope to bring into our family are older.  Old enough to remember what life was like on the streets of a city in a third world country, old enough to remember life with no family, only peers. They are likely to begin to ask the same questions… “Why me?” “Why did I get a family?” “What did I do to deserve a family, while my friends still live in poverty half way around the world with none?” 
This understanding of God’s grace in my life is no different.   It helps  me gain perspective and point me to Jesus and His grace.  
I’m thankful for another moment of grace from my Savior, the opportunity to be his hands and feet to love those that He loves, and to point others to my Wonderful, Gracious Father. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: