I saw this video a week ago and it has come up in my conversations more than once in the past week as a good mirror of how sometimes as Christians, we react to other's sin.
Sometimes as Christians, we see others sin and don't know how to help. So we tell them to "stop it", thinking that they have the power on their own to stop sinning. Maybe we tell them to "stop it because we see how destructive their sin is in their life and we want what is best for them.
Luckily, I've found that God, in His grace, never just says "stop it" or "stop it or I'll bury you alive in a box." (did you even watch the video to be able to laugh there? or are you now confused?)
I'm not sure what words He exactly says, but I know it's full of grace and love. In Luke I see Jesus heal people. He sits and speaks to them. They are in His presence and He tells them they are forgiven. I think we have the same option. When we are struggling in sin and see others struggling too, we must run into the presence of Jesus. Saying "stop it" won't help. Only His grace and love will help us heal. And we can only find that in His presence.
I don't know about you, but I think I'll find a couch and take a seat :)
God doesn't say "stop it"
Posted by
Kathy
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment