RSS
You'll find my blog are things I'm thinking through or praying through....most recently...the orphan- both here and abroad, adoption, and my family.

I'm off to Uganda!!


There’s a zillion things going through my head right now ( one of them being, as a homeschool mother - am I allowed to use a made up number or is zillion actually a number?) 
It all started the other day when one of our not so little boys requested to skype with us, just because he wanted to talk.  I stopped what I was doing (listening to a live webinar on transracial adoption) and jumped on skype.  The conversation was long and beautiful.  We laughed. We got misty eyed. We dreamt. We asked questions. All to learn about each other, our hopes our dreams, what we are learning, etc.  He told me about his country and the countries that surrounds his.  We talked about basketball, riding bikes, baseball, and soccer, I mean football.  ....and then the call ended.  For months, I’ve wished to go and visit them, with no peace about the timing. 
After a sleepless night, encouragement from friends and an unending longing in my soul.... I’m going. I’m off to visit the boys, to give them hugs and hope and love and a piece of North Carolina.  One of them requested a few things not knowing I would be coming.....  
Books to read. 
Paper to write.
Pencils.
Blue Pens. 
For himself, his classmates, and his school.
Ummm Hopefully Target is still having their back to school specials!  I would love to fill a suitcase full of books for the children at his school and orphanage. So if you have any school supplies or books you ordered from scholastic that you’d like to pass down, the boys and their friends who sure love to read them! 
I’ve also put in a request to a couple manufactures to donate some needed supplies. So pray that their hearts would be soft to the needs of children in other countries and open their wallets!
By the way....I leave in 13 days and have two free suitcases that I can fill with donations!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: