I think if you're reading this blog, you know that Ash and I are adopting, you know that we have been connected with two, not so little boys who melt our hearts.
The waiting, we have found is growing our love for them, their stories, our pleading with God to provide for them and give them hope, and our anticipation to meet them.
Just last week, Hannah decided that she can not wait for me to go and bring them home to play with them, to see their smile up close, to give them hugs and play soccer with them. This is huge because the blood work alone that had to be done in order to get her medical clearance for our home study she described as torture. ( I think they took one vial and I took a picture.)
In order to travel to Ug@nda, you have to get the Yellow Fever vaccine: the needle is huge, the vaccine itself is painful for a quite a few minutes. Last time she got shots she screamed like she was in a horror film from the moment the nurse got the needles out till after every bandaid was on her arm and the nurse left the room. (I would try to video tape it, but I think that might seem a bit cruel and compassionless.) So lift her up in prayer if you think of her on July 18th and the nurse. ;-)
Last week, I was speaking with a friend of the orphanage where they live. These friends were planning on sending money to the orphanage to provide food as the orphanage was low in their supply. Inside all weekend I had this battle with in me, I wanted to go see the boys, to visit them, to hug them, to learn about where those beautiful smiles come from deep inside. Yet, the money that I could spend to fly and meet them would provide food for all 400 children at this orphanage where they stay. Instead of looking at pictures and longing to go, I've been talking. Talking to God about all 400 children. Not all of these children are adoptable, in fact just a few of them are. Most have family in the countryside that can not afford to care for them. Just like in the history of our own country, parents and family members have taken them to the orphanage, asking the community to provide for their care, in hopes that the economic down turn in Ug@nda would soon change and that they will be able to come and get them and that they can be a family once again. So I pray asking God to provide. I look at every penny I am spending and ask, "is this necessary while the boys and all of their friends eat what we would consider grits a couple times a day?" "is this necessary when the Pastor and his family pray that God would provide and they don't know how they will feed the mouths of 400 children who have been entrusted to them?"
Today on my to do list is to blog about our adoption fundraiser. And I can't in good conscience ask you, my friends, to buy these beautiful Ug@ndan handmade purses and put that money towards our adoption. So I won't. I want you to know that every penny that is spent on these purses will be given directly to to orphanage. Those two, not so little boys need a family, but there is 398 of them that need their next meal, they need to know that the God and creator of the universe has not forgotten them and that He moves people across the world to do his work, to care for the orphan (James 1:27) and to give from to those who are in need.
Here's a link to my photo album on facebook that has pictures of the purses. Just write me a note on the photo telling me you would like that purse and let me know if you're going to mail me a check or go visit my donate button on the side of this blog. Each purse is $25. That includes shipping. If you use paypal, just give me your address in the notes section.
In the coming months, I'll be asking for donations for the orphanage, clothing including underwear and flip flops, school supplies and diapers for the babies home that is next door. We plan on taking all of these goods to them when we visit in fall.
Until then will you pray for this beautiful place, these beautiful children, and the adults who care for them daily.






0 comments:
Post a Comment