RSS
You'll find my blog are things I'm thinking through or praying through....most recently...the orphan- both here and abroad, adoption, and my family.

Punch List. Peace. and so so blessed


Months ago Ash and I began having conversations about adoption.  I was so excited I could only contain myself.  Contain myself? ( I could stop here to tell you of the families that God placed in my life at an early age who fostered children, or that my degree is in Social Work and that I spent some years as a caseworker who worked with families in the foster system.  Or that I've spent the last few years watching families adopt and foster hoping that one day I will be able to as well) Yes - contain myself.  I don’t like disappointments and what if we were just dreaming again of the future.  Like dreaming wouldn’t that be nice?

I mean, I think we have the American Dream right? We are mid 30’s, successful by most’s standards.  We have two kids, a boy and a girl. (They are only 7 years away from being in college. That means we could be waaaayyy early empty nesters.)   A dog. Amazing friends and family.  We live in one of the up and coming cities in America and we’ve wanted to live here for 10 years.  We are kind of smart too. The kids and I were able to travel with Ash quite a bit this year.  This last year, we’ve seen New Orleans, Orlando, New York City, Southern California, Vail, Washington DC, Gettsyburg.  Who would want to change anything? Right?

It started with a book and a conversation and amazing friends who had a God sized dream. 

Last week we began working on two packets of home studies.  Two you ask? Yes. Two. The details are in God’s hands.  But I have never been so at peace with change coming and watching God move in the heart of my husband to lead our family towards adopting. 

Today we each had a punch list of things that needed to get done towards our home study(s).  He beat me- knocked his out of the park! (And he's traveling for work!) He’s amazing.  So thankful. And blessed. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Miss-ology said...

I am SO excited by all the hearts I see moving to adoption and am really pumped to watch you all form the sidelines.... Some day me? We'll see!!