RSS
You'll find my blog are things I'm thinking through or praying through....most recently...the orphan- both here and abroad, adoption, and my family.

Hope and My Beautiful Aura

The other day I was stopped by a woman while leaving breakfast at a trendy cafe in NYC. She stopped to tell me that my aura was beautiful. I politely said "thank you". I mean really, what do you say to that? She went onto to tell me I had change and good fortune in my future and asked if I would like a reading. I politely said "no" as we were leaving the cafe. I walked out and said to Hannah, "why am I not a quick thinker? She told me change and good fortune was coming in my future. I should have responded 'Yes, of course I have change and good fortune in my future.  I have Christ in my life'". At times during that day, I reflected on those words that this woman shared. I found myself struggling with the realization that her words could offer me hope, even though I didn't believe she could see my aura or my future. The struggle whether to believe in man offering hope with mere words or knowing that God alone is the one that offers hope through His grace was real. 


Many times I don't get to see where I misplace my hope (in family, friendships, my husband, children, talents or education) until its too late and I have found that my misplaced hope has only brought heartache. Yesterday it was a clear choice, 

The only hope for this looney, messed-up lady is the oh so merciful, loving grace of God that picks me up from my own distraught and disheveled state and graciously and patiently loves me, gives wisdom, and changes this heart of stone. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: